Birth Injury Attorney

Attorney representation in Denver, Colorado since 2001

Even with our advances in modern medicine, birth injuries are all too common. Unfortunately, they are generally preventable and often are a result of negligence on the part of a doctor, nurse or ultrasound technician. If your child was subjected to a birth injury, a skilled Denver injury attorney can help you start filing a claim against the party responsible.

There are over 28,000 birth injuries in the U.S. every year. While most of these are temporary and the child recovers with no complications, many end up experiencing life-long problems. When you hire a Denver injury lawyer, we will work with medical professionals to establish if the injury was preventable and if it will be a long-term problem. Once we uncover the answers you need to start a claim, we will help you take your case to the medical center that was responsible for the suffering of your family.

There are a number of different birth injuries, but some of the most common include cerebral palsy, erb's palsy, brachial plexus injuries, brain damage and death. These are often easily prevented through proper monitoring of the child, correct forceps use and willingness to perform a cesarean when necessary.

Common Cause of Birth Injury in Denver

One of the most common causes of birth injuries is a lack of oxygen reaching the child's brain. Unfortunately, this is something the medical team should be on top of. They are expected to monitor the baby during the prenatal stages and before labor to ensure that any potential breathing problems are properly cared for before a birth injury occurs. When the medical team fails to do these acts, they are liable for the consequences if the baby does suffer from oxygen deprivation. A Denver injury attorney can help you hold them liable for this negligence.

When you have been devastated by a preventable birth injury, we can help. Please call Denver injury lawyer and schedule a free consultation today.

If you have been injured in Denver, contact an attorney with a proven track record.